Friday, March 25, 2011

Viikko Kolmekymmentäkolme

maanatai:
New family, new house, new week, new bus stop... Or lack of bus stop, I headed up to look for my new bus stop, I remember now that over breakfast, they were telling me that there was now bus stop sign, you just had to flag the bus down, but that didn't set in until the bus had already passed by. Luckily my host brother Tero, had a class in the morning too, so I went to school with him. School was pretty much exactly the same, except a lot of people missing, victoms of sickness, and the Germany trip. But I got through it, and got the right bus home, and stopped it at the right place. I got in the house, and there was a bunch of professinal camera equipment... that's odd I thought... then I remembered that today in tomorow, they said that a Finnish tv serise would be filming here... Pirunpelto, on of the characters is a farmer, and a couple times before they used this house to shoot too, cool! So us kids hung around, asking random questions, what dose that do, why are you doing that, those kind of things. It was a big production, lots of people, equipment, and coffee (of course coffee, it's Finland) So that was an exciting day, I told lots of creeper photos, and even creeper videos of the whole ordeal, cause how often do you get a Finnish TV show being taped in your living room? I'm gonna say not that often.

tiistai:
I made the bus today! My host mom walked me to the bus stop place and waited with me, it felt like the first day of kindergarten again! awww, oh and infront of the bus stop a few hundred feet, is a lake and today, there were a bunch of swans. Finland's bird, and the sign of fall and spring, is seeing them around. In the fall, I didn't see so many, and they were gray, but now there are a lot of them and they are all white! Pretty! School... nope, not really anything was happening, still a lot of people missing. When I got home the TV shooting was happening outside now, by the side of one of the barns. Simo dropped his bags and ran out there. They taping was done by four I think, I never went out there because I couldn't tell which direction they were taping, and didn't want to accidently get in the back of the shot, that would have been cool if they didn't notice, and just ended up putting me in the show, but judging by how good they were yesterday at picking up on the tiniest things, i'm gonna say they would have noticed.

keskiviikko:
School, makkara for lunch! yeah! We were supposed to have gym outside today, but they canceled it because the ground is all ice, it melted yesterday, and froze, pretty much everywhere is just a thick sheet of ice. Home, then soon headed out for band. Band was good. Leaving band was fun because it had snowed like penguins and polar bears while I was in, so everything was covered in snow, and I'm still trying to learn the new cars of this family, so I just waited a bit until most of the cars were gone, then picked one and hoped for the best... lucky me I choose right!

torstai:
Again school... it's getting kinda old : P last study hall Laura and I explored Tokmanni, I found this Aloe Verra juice stuff, that as on sale, two bottles for 1€, it reminded me of so juice stuff that Karah and I would always get at one of the dollar stores at the mall until they stopped selling it. So heck yeah I got it. And if i'm remembering that juice right, it was pretty much the same, yeah score! Home it was just Simo and I, everyone else had meetings and other stuff... not really sure. Simo showed me around the barn and all the favorite cows, I hung out with the babies, made friends with the all white baby who was born on the same day I moved to this house, cause I think we are alike enough, and we should be buddies. Night, dinner, coffee at grandma's, and bed.

perjantai:
Yeah! Friday!!! So school was regular, yah know, an eventful day at home though, a cow fell in the barn, so that was a big deal. Then Simo and I went to a floor ball pick up game. We ended up playing handball too, just a lot of random people, young and old, and lots of fun. I had never played floor ball either, like hockey without the ice, and a ball not a puck. It was fun. Then our older host brother picked us up and we got a pizza to take home. It was a really good pizza too! My Big Fat Greek Wedding was on TV tonight, so we all stayed up late to watch it.

lauantai:
Eeva came back from Germany at like 4 in the morning, but I wasn't sleeping well anyway so it didn't bother me. I was worried about my Finnish language test that I would be taking for 5 hours today... yup, lots of fun. It's not like I didn't want to do it, well maybe I didn't want to do it, but I want to know how much I know, and this is really the only way to find out... soooo... Markku picked me up, the drive was about an hour, I kept falling asleep because that's what I do best in long car rides. Markku left me at the place with my other exchange student friends, he went to visit his mother who lived close by. There were four of us. All taking basic level Finnish, all Rotary exchange students, all freaking out! The first part we did was reading and writing. That wasn't too bad... because there you have time to read over and over again. 3 sections, 50 minutes each. Just endurance. Then a bit of a break, we were suposed to eat, but with my nerves I really couldn't, I knew listening would be the hardest for me, and it was, I was hoping not so hard, like maybe they would talk slowly and about cats or something. But they were talking soooo fast, way faster than a normal Finn talks, and I didn't really know what they were talking about. I found out later that they were talking about robbers in a shop stealing beer... okay... Whatever that part was over. Then was speaking, I wasn't too worried, and I got to go first so I just got it over with. It was like an interview with a really nice lady. First part was about yourself, the norm, then about food, I ended up talking about tacos for some reason and now I'm not even sure if the word for tacos in finnish is tako... oh man, hope so! Then the last part was about work... she asked what I want to do when I'm older... oh come on! Even if you asked me that in English I wouldn't be able to answer... Oh well, what's done is done. I didn't realize how tiring test taking was until I was home and couldn't really function properly. Luckily almost everyone else was pertty much drained so we all went to bed super early! yeah for bed!

sunnuntai:
Got up at 8, well with daylight savings time I guess it was 9, then rolled around all morning. My host dad had come back from his trip to Scotland, so that was exciting! We made Waffles, and ate them with Maple syrup from New York, yum! Simo and I did some work in the barn, and played with the new baby cow that came yesterday when I was at the stupid test : ( next baby I'm gonna be around for! Then some cosins came over so we hit them with snow balls, then had coffee at Grandmas'. And ended the weekend with Wipe Out UK, and Funniest Home Videos with a Finnish host, but still the mostly American videos... cause in America when you get it on tape you could get it in cash, plus get 15 minutes of fame! uh oh... school tomorow...

No comments:

Post a Comment