Friday, March 18, 2011

Viikko Kolmekymmentäkaksi

maanantai:
School once again... but what can you do? But after school I took my trip to my Horn lesson, and what was really great was that I could actually notice all the diferences that an exact month made. The last month I was walking to my lesson in dusk and from my lesson to the bus stop in complete darkness. But one month later I was walking to my lesson (5-5:30ish) in day, and walking from my lesson (7:00) when it was starting to get dusky. So weird! But a good weird because now I know that spring is actually coming, it's not just a myth.

tiistai:
School was odd today. I got spring fever and didn't want to be inside anymore so I spent the second half of English class outside in the sun shine. SOOOO NICE!!! Then after school Markku picked me up to get more trips onto my bus card. Later that day I went to a Rotary meeting where I also noticed how light it is outside. Usually I can't see into the corner of the room across the room, but now I could because there happens to be a window in that corner that I never knew existed! Funny!

keskiviikko:
I got sick today : ( Felt funny on tuesday night, was okay in the morning but felt something odd. Got overly excited that we were having sausage for lunch and ate too much. Went home before gym. : ( and we were going ice skating too : ( Oh well, It was kinda nice to just be and get better. And by the end of the night I really was feeling much better!

torstai:
I started knitting socks today!!! Yeah they are orange and going to have a couple gray stripes... but now I'm thinking I should have gone with orange and a light blue... Oh well I've already started, and who knows I could be making many more if these go well. They way they are knitted is using five needles, with no back on them. I'm going to find a picture, because that will be easyer to see...



So you kinda knit it in a square, and use the last needle... to knit onto so the needles are always exchanging places. It's sorta hard, keeping track of all the needles. And getting back into the groove of knitting was hard too, I ended up starting over maybe 5 times... But know I'm on a role and I've even switched colors a couple times, Now I'm really wishing I had gone with light blue...


perjantai:
It's a Friday!!! And you could feel in school that everyone just wanted out, even the teachers! I think it has to do with the way that spring feels like it's on it's way. Don't get me wrong, it still is cold, and there is penty of snow left on the ground, but the light of the sun dose wonders in making people cheerful. Last night at my second host family, full of The Dudesons, Packing, and CAKE!!!

lauantai:
Cake for breakfast, yummy! Then the finishings of packing, my new host dad and sister picked me up around 10, we shoved all my stuff, I really don't understand how I accumulated sooooo much stuff. But luckily It all fit and we only had to make one trip. Oh and remember how I kept saying that spring was coming... Well I jynxed it cause today I woke up and it was like a blizzard outside... oh well. That snow came in handy later when we had a snow ball fight! Yeah! My new host family is great! We live on a dairy farm of around 50 head, drink the good milk! I am sooo excited about that! I have a host sister, and three host brothers, and host grandparents living right next door! So great day, great move, and even though there is fresh snow on the ground, it's still almost spring.

sunnuntai:
Yeah for weekend! Today so Russians visited the farm, friends of friends, actually not quite sure, but they were given a tour of the farm and then they heard about an american girl living here to, so big photo opp... uhhh well, story to tell the grandkids maybe. Then we went cross country skiing, Simo, my new little brother and I didn't make it as far as my host sister Eeva and host mom, so we headed back and built snow balls to attack them with... like good children. The rest of the day was hanging out, dreading school's start again, last minute homework, and packing. Monday Eeva gose on a school trip to Germany for a week and my host dad will go to Scotland... or somewhere, not exactly sure why or for how long. I'll find out. Well school again.

No comments:

Post a Comment