Monday, March 14, 2011

Viikko Kolmekymmentäyksi

maanantai:
School again : P It was sooooo terrible trying to get up today! BLAH!!! But it was really great to see everyone again! My one friend was still sorta on vacation, coming home from some island near Portugal JELIOUSE!!! In a study hall we went to the library. I found a book call 'When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit' ... hmmm so I will someday figure out what all that is about... Then pretty much a chill day the rest of the day.

tiistai:
Today I watched a bunch of really cute cat videos on the internet, which made me miss my cats even more! But the internet cats are so adorable! I can tell spring is starting to come our way. It says light outside soooo much later, I think we are up to around 6:30ish the sun gose down. I'm excited for grass, and unfrozen lakes that you can swim in for more than 10 seconds at a time. I mean I live right next to a lake, and my next family I will live next to a lake too so EXCITED FOR SPRING!!!

keskiviikko:
My friend, Piia, who went to that island somewhere in by Portugal came back to school today! She brought post cards and candy! YEAH! Someday I will eat candy from every country! A thing on my bucket list! After school we had gym, and for some reason only us 2nd grade girls showed up, so we played basketball. It was epic, my team didn't win, but we were sorta half-way close. But it was a lot of fun. Then I headed to band. Stopping at some stores on the way looking for an outfit that I could wear to the school party on Friday, I didn't find anything, but I have something in mind. Band was a lot of fun. A new girl around my age showed up to play the clarinet. It turns out she is going to Argentina on exchange next year, not with Rotary, but some other organization I can't remember, But it's still pretty cool. So I told her I could get her in touch with the girl here in Finland on exchange from Argentina. Yeah helpping!

torstai:
My friend Laura missed the bus today, and forgot her key to her house so she got to wait outside all day until her dad came home from work... That's not cool, but luckily spring is on it's way and it was a lot warmer than it could have been, It was hovering around freezing, so not too bad! In school I was suposed to have a study hall while everyone else had their 'mother tounge' class aka Finnish. But SOMEHOW I got dragged into the class, against my will. They said I had to sit in Laura's seat so the teacher wouldn't count Laura absent. But the teacher noticed it anyway, go figure. Anyway I choose my next periods' classes. I'll be taking: Tourism (the class that takes a trip to Riga, Latvia!!!) Swedish, German, and Russian... Game on! Then after school was our sewing class. I shortened my Vanhojen Tanssi dress to right above where I got a stain on it. Now it's a cute party dress for any occation. I still have a ton of that fabric left... Not really sure what I'll be able to do with it but we'll see. Then it was clean the house time when I got home. Sparkly!

perjantai:
Good morning FRIDAY!!! Not only is this the day that starts an amazing weekend of adventures, but... I didn't think that through, this is the day that starts an amazing weekend of adventures... what could be better than that. Only need to get thourgh the 6ish hours of school, which wasn't hard considering I had 2 study halls in the morning. So first off, I returned my bottle colection for 3.80€, nice! Then I tried to crack the code of a friends locker, she told me I couldn't figure it out by the end of the year, so I'm on it, It's a 4 number code, possiblity of 0-9 for each number, so Game on! Worked on my music project, Then classes, math and swedish, there was a 'ord test' (vocab quiz) but considering I didn't even realize that there was gonna be a quiz, I decided not to waste the paper to epicly fail. I know now that there is a quiz next friday, so I'll probably study for that one and we'll see what happens then. School's out! Sanni and Laura came to my place to chill before the Party. We youtube surffed, Then the anouncment about the earthquake in Japan showed up on the screen. So scary! I have exchange student friends here that are from Japan! I have no idea what I would do if something like that ever happened to me, I just hope everything is alright with them and all their families and friends! Scary... Then we got ready and hit the road to the party. It was great because pretty much all my friends decided to show up. We went for a snack at Final 1, a pizza/kebab place, we got french fries so I still have to go back there sometime to compaire their kebab's to the others that are around here. Then we just danced the night away, and crashed at Sanni's house. Awesome night!!!

lauantai:
Early morning! Sanni and her family were going to visit their grandma in Tampere today so we got up earliy, considering it was a non-school day after a late night, but it wasn't that hard to get up! I was excited about the adventure today. Exchange student get together in Tampere. I got a ride with Sanni the the city which was really nice of them. Then wondered around the city until the others would come. I found out that on Saturdays they do all their advertising, and giving samples out. I got free cookies for walking into a grocery store, then two packets of margrine for walking past these guys giving margrine out. And a lot of newspapers, 'Jesus is coming soon' paper handerouttters, (yes that is a word in MY vocabulary) cool stuff. Then Sonja snuck up on me, she is from Illinois, we had some time to kill before the others would get there, so we headed to a kirpputorri! Yeah it had lots of good stuff. And surprisingly a lot of the really ugly stuff was also really expesive. We just didn't under stand it, but that's what you get sometimes. Then the other's popped out of nowhere. Josh from Flordia, Adam from Canada, and Clemence from France. We checked out a Salvation Army, tried on fur coats, sequine jackets, and unbrella swoards. Then headed to Wok Wok, for lunch it was stir fry type of meal, atempting to eat with only chop sticks took forever, but then again there's always a ton to talk about when you're with fellow exchange students! Soon we all had buses to catch, host families to catch up with, life, and so on. But on the bus ride home I saw a moose in the woods near the highway! At first I thought it was a big brown cow, but then was like... MOOSE!!! American hamburgers for dinner, yummy!

sunnuntai:
We went on a walk today. A traditional thing to do in Tampere, every year on a winter sunday hundreds of people walk on the lake, a kilometer ish out, to this light house where there was a ship wreck and around 150 people drowned. The walk has a name, I just can't find it on the internet yet, but I'm looking...okay the lighthouse is called Siilinkari, and it is in the lake called, Näsijärvi, I couldn't find the name of the event. Anyway, There were people skiing out there, biking, babies in sleads, babys on steaks, but really, everyone who has a baby, or small child, puts a fuzzy mat/rug in the slead, bundels the kid up, and tugs then around, not just on this walk thing, I've seen it many times before, just today there were so many of them! And some of them weren't even pulling the slead themselves, they hooked the slead to their dog, had their dog on a leash, and off they went! Crazy! We bought cold makara from some guy and found free spaces next to one of the many fire grills, and made our lunch. I also saw Adam from Canada hanging with his family. They had pretty much the exact same dogs my family has, two smallish white puffy puppies! ha Then we headed back home. And I cleaned and got rid of stuff I wouldn't need, exchange students a an awesome ability to collect the most random, unusable things! We discused this yesterday at Wok Wok, random napkins from random resturants, ours, and other compleatly random stuff to! Roosa studied for her history test by bundleing herself in my bed, eatting all my chocolate (I had way too much if there is a thing so I told her that she needed to eat it all), and telling me about Hitler. I also did laundry but after it was already half done I found like a pair of dirty socks... Hate that! Then we had waffles! yum! Awesome week! except the weekend went way too fast, I woke up on Monday thinking it was Sunday... nope : P

No comments:

Post a Comment