Monday, April 4, 2011

Viikko Kolmekymmentänelja

maanantai:
Today in school there was a political thinggy... There were six candidates that were debating and telling their oppinions on topics such as, nuecular energy, getting involved with NATO and the Lybia conflict, homosexual marrage, ect. I tried to pay as much attention because that information would be interesting to know, but I think the candidates were using special and difficult words to sound smarter, so I really couldn't understand much and just ended up respectfully falling asleep... Later that day I went with my host mom and her friend, to the gym where we took a 30 minute, curves type, weight lifting class... I felt like such a wimp cause some of the other women in the class were like 65 and they were working way harder than I and didn't even look half as tired... wha...? But I lived, sorta, and really felt it on for the next couple of days.

tiistai:
Trying to get out of bed wasnt as hard as I thought it would be today (turns out muscles wait a day before trying to kill you) And that was sorta a good thing because today was our schools 'movement day' we all got bundled up and went to the near-by mountain to go skiing, snowboarding, and sleading. I worked on mastering my snowboarding... down the first run and I did an awesome face plant... ouch, but that scared the skill into me because for the rest of the day I didn't do that much falling, only like a couple more times, and most of them on my butt, which dosn't hurt as much as falling on your face dose. It was a pretty epic day I must say.
keskiviikko:
In school today Sanni brought her collection of german chocolate, which very quickly disappeared, not exactly sure how : P but... Gym class today! We played bad mitten, ping pong, and tried the rock wall a bit. After gym I went for a walk to Kyröskoski to wait for band to start. I got a popsicle from the store... yeah there's still snow on the ground, but when a girl wants a popsicle... it was layered, orange and strawberry with a picture of a bee on it, so you can't really go wrong with that! Tero picked me up, and we picked up some pizza on the way home, yeah pizza for dinner!

torstai:
So test week officially started today, which in exchange student world, means vacation! I basically worked on college stuff, found out I have to take placement tests... wooo, and one of them is on language, spanish, french, or german, your pick... what about finnish? I can't remember hardly anything in spanish, and when I try to speak it, it all just comes out finnish... oh well, I'll deal. Today in the local paper it said that tomorow they will be releasing some seals into the lake, suposibly there are 260 seals in Finland's lakes, and they want 400... I can't be sure, but I'm thinking this is an April Fool's joke, I have not heard of any seals anywhere over here, and my host brother had an odd grin on when he was translating some of the artical... well... Then I got a phone call today from these odd people in New York, claming to be my Mom, Dad, and sister... I humored them with an hour long conversation : P Later Eeva, Simo and I went to a play at the local theater! It was a really funny show and I knew some of the actors from school!

perjantai:
English test today! Meaning I did have to get up to go to school today. Usually I don't finnish my English test first, but today I was determinded! And I did! yeah! haha some parts were actually kinda hard, like we had to make odd words plural and then singular, and I had to remember how to say different phrases... and after hearing you native language spoken so much by non-native speakers, you begin to make their mistakes... But I think I passed. Then I went for a walk, KIRPPUTORI time! yeah, it has been sooo long. And I was in the mood for some new clothes. Unfortunatly I didn't find all that much. I'm thinking the one in Ylöjärvi is a better one so maybe I'll head over there sometime soon. Then I headed home. The rest of the day was mostly just little tricks played on each other. Hiding milk, putting things on top of doors so when they open, you get random things falling on you. That kind of stuff, oh and I made a really big snow man in the back yard, Merry April Fools!

lauantai:
Saturday is cleaning day. After cleaning, Simo and I went to a music, band practice, he took a drum lesson, while I practiced with my band. We have a concert coming up soon, fun. Then I had to get ready for the Rotary 30year party! A big event, I got to use my Vanhojen dance dress that I shortened a bit, and threw my Rotary jacket on top of it. Yup the one with all the buttons! I was looking fly. The party was fun, hanging with my Rotary men. There were also some district Rotary men, that I think I did a fairly good job impressing my my Finnish skills, Oh and there was a magic trick act. A boy probably 16ish, and I got practically pushed on the stadge to be in one of the acts. He had the deck of cards, then three empty cards, He told me to think of a number 1-13, then he 'read my mind' and wrote it down on the card then folded it away, asked me my number, it was 9, then he asked me to think of suite (kuvio) but what I heard was (kuvia) picture, I thought that was odd, he's gonna draw a picture... so I just thought of a cat, then he asked me what I thought of... Kissa, I said, 'what?'... kissa... and everyone just laughed, but he just kept going, and the trick ended up working fine. Soon after coffee I left, I had an early day the next day. Home we watched the Simpson's Movie, it's odd because pretty much all Finns love the Simpson's but there are so many jokes in the shows that I will end up laughing alone at because it's the small details about America, like I think one part was, Flanders and Bart ontop of a moutain where you could see the four states that boarder Springfeild, Kentucky, New Mexico, Maine, and Nebraska, or something like that, hehe. We went downstairs and they broke into Mämmi, an easter 'treat' that suposibly nobody likes, but they all eat it anyway, and then warn anyone who hasn't had it before, I was still full for the party so I passed for now, I'll try some tomorow... Google it, it's like this brown pudding like, but not, thing and you eat it with heavy cream and sugar...

sunnuntai:
Early morning, back to the band camp thingy. A full day of practice endding around 2, blah... It wasn't so bad though. The rest of the day was for chilling. My host mom had left early that morning for a meeting in Brysels, Tero soon left for a sport competition thing in Sweden, and we just hung out watching movies and dreading school tomorow... Oh wait, I don't have school LOVE TEST WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment