Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Viikko Kolmekymmentäviisi

maanantai:
Test week! Today I would have had a math test... but since it was word problems, I hadn't studied, and I didn't feel like it... I stayed at home. But I kept busy by filling out Scholarships for college next year... cause unlike here, in America, you usually get to pay a ton of money for college education. yeah for money!

tiistai:
Another day of working on scholarships, It was really nice outside, you could actually smell spring coming, and in the feilds there were spots that you could see the ground, not just all snow!!! yeah. I also went to Tampere with my band for a concert. It went really well, I got home kinda late though, but no biggy.

keskiviikko:
Another really pretty spring day, the morning started out really foggy, but by after lunch it was sunny and breezy, nice and easy. I decided I would take a walk to the Kirpputori. Now, If I had the right shoes (rubber boots) I could have just walked from the house, to the back yard, right straight over the lake, and it would have been maybe 2ish kilometers walk, but I didn't and even though the other day I saw fisher men out there, in lawn chairs, maybe 50feet from the river area where there was open water, I don't think I would have had the guts to walk across it. So I took the road, double the length plus hills, but it was nice. Chatted with some old folks who were waiting for their taxi to pick them up so they could go grocery shopping, they offered me a ride, but I was almost there and didn't feel like blowing my cover as a Finn. I got a really cool spring jacket, and adorable tank top... now it's nice outside, but not yet tank top weather, But my thought was like in Feild of Dreams, if you buy it, it will come (summer clothes, summer)

torstai:
Today I took the bus to school, I had tons to do! Pick up books for my last period in school, look for gadgets, take care some banking business. So my walk around the whole world (our little town) took the entire morning and luckily I made it back to the school in time for free lunch, cause I was sooooo hungry! Then I hung out until the buses came. Eeva, Simo and I were going into the city, they were getting hair cuts, and I was doing more shopping. I hit up 2 out of the three kirpputoris that I know of in Tampere, we ate at Hesburger, and then got ice cream! yummy! In the mall they were doing auditions for Finnish Top Model TV show or something like that, so there were all these ridiculouly tall girls walking around! If our bus wasn't leaving in 20 minutes, I would have attempted to enter in my jeans and Kristy's Barn tee-shirt, woulda coulda shoulda. We went home, I was sooo tired.

perjantai:
So home day. Simo had a friend over after school and then my host dad brought us to a farmer get-together thing at an Agril Markets shop. They were giving out free bowls of pea soup, and coffee, and cookies and candy. Yummy! When we got home I headed off by bike to my friends house for a movie night. Three movies! crazy, and I left before the last one cause I didn't want to be riding home in the dark and I knew if I started watching it I wouldn't be able to leave in the middle of it! It was so much fun. Then I had to go to bed kinda early because there was a Rotary confrence in Turku this weekend and the Rotary men where picking me up at 6:15 the next morning. Yeah!

lauantai:
Up and out, practically sleeping the whole way, we did stop for coffee, I got a donut, So after that I was a bit more awake. It was definatly spring in Turku. The grass even was greenish! Then I got to hang out with all the exchangers!!! We had to give a small presentation to the Rotary men before lunch. We had split up and made small plays showing some odd/interesting things of Finland. My group did a reanactment of the first day at school as an exchange student. Then there was how excited Finns get about the sun, coffee, and potates. We then just hung out with the exchangers which is always the best. We finally sorta went to bed at 5:00am, just laying down where-ever, even though we all had rooms and beds, pretty much none of them were used. So basically I was up almost an entire 24 hours! Worth it!

sunnuntai:
We didn't get much sleep, up at 8ish, not by force, but by hunger, the camp place we were staying had awesome food so we couldn't wait any longer... oh man I want some of that food now! Eatting eatting till the ship is... sinking still works. Back to our Rotary people by 12, saying goodbye, and then I was sound asleep the entire ride home. I woke up a half an hour away from town and was shocked to see that spring must have followed us back from Turku! There sooo much less snow!!! I'd say 1/4 of a field had snow on it! wow!!! I just putted around the rest of the day, made pizza! But just putted, sleep, school would start again... Yeah... but it will be cool, a new classes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment