Monday, October 25, 2010

Viikko Yksitoista

maanantai:
Today I slept in cause... SYYSLOMA!!! (fall break) yeah!!! A whole week with no school. NICE! Then Eija, Johanna, and I got ready to hit the town. Yeah for Hämeenkyrö. We spent the morning at the kirpputori (flea market), then got a bite to eat and coffee at a cafe. Then went grocery shopping. I couldn't believe it. Finland is already in Christmas mode!!! And I always thought America was bad, but that's nothing! It probably has something to do with Finland dosen't celebrate Halloween that much, or Thanksgiving (at all, I mean why would they?) So America has two holidays to slow Christmas fever... But here, It's Christmas starting... NOW!

tiistai:
All my pens I brought from America are dying! I'm down to one last american pen that works. It's a small thing but it's gonna be a sad day when that pen kicks the bucket! Day two of syysloma! I made/attempted to make the orange gingered carrots like my parents make. I think it tasted similar, and both Eija and Anssi like it!

keskiviikko:
I spent the morning on Youtube watching the Little Mermaid (in finnish) and for the rest of the week I had ''Part of Your World'' stuck in my head, the funny thing was, parts of the song that was stuck in my head was in english, parts were in finnish... So what can ya do? For lunch Eija took me to a local cafe/resturant where they don't serve any meat. It was really good food, and they had this awesome, fresh/warm carrot bread... ohhh sooo good. Anssi showed up for lunch too!

torstai:
Kirpputori again today, I just can't get enought of that place! And later Eija's parents picked me up to bring me to a candle party (like avon party but with candles) at their other grand daughter's house. And on the way there they pointed out where my 3rd host family lived, so that was cool! The party was a lot of fun, and they had brownies there!!! I hadn't had brownies in FOREVER!!!

perjantai:
Today I got really good at jumpping into random cars. It was all planned but It was a funny 'hot potatoe-like' feeling! We were all going to my friend Jona's dad's house in Ikaalinen (about a half-hour away) to watch scary movies. Sanni's mom picked me up, then dropped Sanni and I off at the school where Piia's parents promptly picked us up again and brought us to Ikaalinen. We rented the movies; The Crazies, and Paranormal Activity. Then stopped at a grocery store for snacks, then to Jona's dad's house. Another thing about Finland is you're usually no more than a couple kilometers away from a grocery store (unless you're in the middle of nowhere, I'm not sure how many grocery stores they have out there) It was 6:00 and 0°C!!! ahhh The movies were sooo good!!! Then we jumpped in more cars to get back home, but after watching those movies we double checked that they were the right cars to be getting into!

lauantai:
If felt like a sunday, not a saturday today. It felt like I should be going to school tomorow (probably because I've been out of school for so long!) Eija and I went to the market in Kyröskoski, then K Market, and Tokmanni. Then we did a little cleaning. Sauna at night, and then we watched some german soap opera... German sounds so funny when they are made, we couldn't help but laugh!

sunnuntai:
Today after lunch we bundled up and headed to Kesä Mökki. We had to close it for the season. It was so foggy on the lake, you couldn't tell where the fog endded and the water began... uuuhhh creepy! Eija and I raked some leaves, the boys got the water pump out of the lake, piled up the cairs, and emptyed the 'toilet'... yum. When we got home they changed the car tires into the winter tires (with spikes in them) And Eija and I planted some plants she bought at the market yesterday, then drank glögi. Then I realized that school starts tomorow... which isn't all that bad I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment