Monday, October 18, 2010

Viikko Kymmenen

maanantai:
Today I went to school armed with Skittles. Everyone liked them (duh they're Skittles, pretty much impossible to not like) Lunch was really good today, some type of fish meat ball, and mashed potatoes, anyway... after lunch we had a free period where we played cards and ate skittles. I taught them the card game; B.S. that was a lot of fun! After school I got all ready for my Ylöjärvi/French horn adventure. I got to the bus stop with plenty of time to spare. I saw a bus coming, so I wave at it... I just kept going... hmmm not the best start to the adventure. I waited and hoped that there was another bus coming soon. After 15 minutes I saw one, this time waved at it plenty of time in advanced cause I wasnt sure if the last bus didn't stop cause I didnt give it enought time to slow down. This bus stopped. I got on, it was also crowded, I'd never been on a bus during commuting time, so it was kinda a shock when It was kinda hard to find a seat. I then wasnt exactly sure where I wanted to get off, so for the next 25 minutes I kept my eyes pealed on the road ahead. I pressed the button at the right time cause I got off at the place I had decided to get off (the night before I google maped my whole trip) and I guess that googling was effective cause with no trouble I was able to find Ismo's house (I was going to have a lesson with him for the first time) He was awesome, and an awesome horn player! After the lesson I thought I had 10 minutes to get back to the bus stop before the bus would pass. So I walked very fast, and at one point jogged. I got the the bus stop and waited, then the bus came, I waved at it... it just kept going... What?!?!?!? That time I totally gave the bus enought time to slow down and stop for me. It was a 45minute wait till the next stop, which I spent hoping that that bus would stop for me, and yelling at the last bus for not stopping for me, laughing at how funny it felt to be standing on the side of the highway (tell ya the truth I felt kinda like an overdressed hooka ; ). Then next bus did stop for me. I found out later that there are Express buses, that only stop at certain bus stops, and regular buses that stop at any bus stop, so the buses that didnt stop for me... well it wasnt anything personal. I then had to figure out when to push the button for my stop... I pushed it too soon and endded up walking a bit more then a kilometer to get to my bike. I didn't mide that because I knew exactly where I was, and it gave me the change to figure out where I should push the button next time, now I know! (exciting day)

tiistai:
Snow fell for the first time today! We were in psychology (psykologia) and all the sudden everyone noticed that it was snowing. It was funny how even the teacher got really distracted. So exciting! Snow means winter is on it's way (most people love winter here). Went home, the power kept going on and off, must be because of the wind. Then I went to the Rotary meeting, there was a very talkitive man who was giving a speach about his trip to India (Intia) with the Stop Polio Now movement. It was very intresting, going into a little over 50 minutes of it and the power went out : ( he was forced to end... Oh well... Then I went home.

keskiviikko:
In biology (biologia) we did a cross word puzzle about photosynthesis (fotosynteesi) and I actually got one of them right (out of the two that I answered) : P I'm on my way! Puhalica band tonight, I really like some of those songs were playing (she gives me some great solos)!

torstai:
It was sorta rainning in the morning, but I used the water-proofish snow pants Eija gave to me when riding to school. Good thing I did cause I would have had really wet pants if I hadn't! It stopped raining (luckily) for my hyppytunti (free period) cause I had to go Kyröskoskilla to get my books from the book store. I made stops at Tokmanni and K Supermarket on the way back. I had fifth period class today, Tanssi Kurssi! (dance course) Pretty much no one showed up for the class because Syysloma would start as soon as school ended that day, so some people just ditched. It was just Piia, Jona, Henriikka, Sanni, a 3rd grader, the teacher and I. We spent the whole class trying to remember how the Oprah 24th season dance went (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvt3chGuU8I&feature=related) It's pretty much awesome! We also found fun hats and played with those, mine was like a russian furry hat, I wanted to keep it really badly but alas! We stayed past the time that the fifth period endded. It was snowing when we got out!!! Lots of snow, that was sticking way longer than the snow on tuesday. Sanni missed her bus, so after running around trying to catch snowflakes (it wasnt that hard cause some snowflakes where the width of golfballs!!! so they floated down really slowly) Then Sanni hoped on the back of my bike and we went to my house, laughing the entire way there, we passed a bunch of people that were waiting for a bus, I'm pretty sure they think we're crazy now. Then we almost ran over an old man on one of those rollaattori things (key word: almost) Then we hung out until her mom picked her up. Then Eija and I went to Tokmanni! It was a good day!

perjantai:
No school today!!! YEAH!!! Eija also had a day off of work, so around 10ish we headed of to the Ikaalisten Kylpylä (Ikaalinen Spa) It's a hotel/swim-park/bowling ally/lots of other stuff. We went swimming! It was a great place with a water slide, hot life guard, and lots of other things. They had hot tubes but theirs arn't even close to as hot as the ones in America! They also had a outdoor swimming pool with heated water, so we swam out there as it snowed, that was fun! There also was a höyrysauna (a steam sauna) that was REALLY nice, I liked that a lot!!! Then we picked up Eija's mom and went to this place known for really good food. It was a classy all you can eat buffet! With lots of traditional Finnish food. I tried a little of everything. I was surprised when I actually enjoyed the cold fish that were in different kinds of sauses, they didn't like somehting I would be able to keep down, but they were really good. We all ate a ton, then went back to Eija's mom's house for coffee/tea time. On the way home we stopped at this German store: LIDL, it was like a grocery store with only German and Finnish items. It was really funny to see that the german sizes were way bigger than the finnish sizes and usually cheaper, neither Eija or I could figure out why. I bought peanut butter, and when we got home PB&J's were made!

lauantai:
Eija was already at work when I got up today, Anssi was up getting a grocery list together, he asked if I wanted anything, I asked for the rice crispy cereal, but he didn't know what that was so I said I'd go with him. We first returned bottles (here each bottle is worth 15-20cents so they all get returned) Dad always said that if the return amount was higher, people would recycle, and it's true! He started making lunch, then he and Antti went somewhere so he asked me to watch the potatoes. I don't (didn't) know how to cook potatoes but didn't want him to know that so before he left I staggard my questions, asking little by little about cooking potatoes, pretty soon I knew how to cook potatoes, and he knew I hadn't known, mission 1/2 way success! Later Anssi went to Pori ("west coast town") to go to a hockey game, he had a great time! Eija and I watched the movie Se7en tonight with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt, ahhh such a good movie!!!

sunnuntai:
Raked some leaves today. There are so many leaves! When Eija got back from work we went to Tampere to visit with Johanna. She made us Glögi, a traditional christmas drink. It tasted like that Poupperi smells (not how it tastes cause I know from experience that that tastes nasty) but Glögi is awesome and I've got till Christmas to drink as much as I want of it! Johanna came home with us. We went on a walk around the block, all bundeled up with refectors hooked on our jackets, it was like a 4k walk and by the end of it I wished I hadn't bundeled up so much! Then we watched P.S. Rakastan Sinuait (P.S. I Love You) oh man such a good movie! Then It was bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment